Sick of wearing your hair the same way everyday? You're not alone. But thanks to this tutorial from hair pro Ryan Trygstad, you don't have to. Now, you can switch up your style with ease.
Tools you'll need:
1. 1.25-inch barrel curling iron 2. Comb 3. Hair elastic 4. Styling cream 5. Hairspray
1. Part your hair in the center. Next, curl two-inch sections of hair away from your face using a 1.25-inch barrel curling iron. Model Vanessa Ratnavich used Hot Tools 1.25-Inch Spring Iron here.
2. Section your hair off into front and back sections. Using a comb, divide your hair from the middle of your part to the back behind your ears, and push the hair that falls in front of the parted hair over your shoulders.
3. Put the hair in the back section into a high ponytail. Use an elastic hair tie to secure it.
4. Warm a styling cream in your hands and apply it to the hair in the front as you pull them back behind your ear for a sleek look. This formula will give structure and hold, so the sides stay tame and flyaway-free. Vanessa used Leonor Greyl Èclat Naturel Nourishing and Protective Styling Cream.
5. Pull the front sections back into a tight, low ponytail. Again, secure with an elastic hair tie.
6. Take the high ponytail out and tease your hair at the crown of your head with a comb for added height.
Finally, finish with a medium-hold hairspray, take a selfie, and then pin, Instagram, and tweet out your sexy new style.
Follow Carly on Twitter.